Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Vice President/Sick/Fun

The last week or so i've been pretty busy and that is my excuse why I haven't blogged lately. There is so much to say and I hate it when I wait so long and then try to remember what went on. I will start with the election for Crew Club President. The past week I have been campaigning, putting up flyers as well as talking with departments/ people for them to get them to know me. There are over 700 crew on this ship and campaigning was a lot of fun.

One of my duties while campaigning was to put an event on in the crew bar. The other person I was running against had karaoke for his event which I and a lot of the entertainers attended. I was hoping it would have been a better turnout for both events but they were good. I put on an open mic, which was a lot of fun and showcased a lot of talent on the ship. I plan to bring that back again in the near future.
Regarding the results of the election, I LOST by 28 votes. Four hundred and six people voted which made it a really close call. The gentleman that won is from the philippines and works in the printing area. It was a good race and I still have another paid position on board as Vice President of the Crew Club. So I took the job and will roll with it!!
That week of campaigning there was a cartoon party as well as the event that I and Hurbert put on. The

Cartoon party was a blast and I went as Aladdin. I died my hair black and made a magic carpet with a towel and grabbed some clothing from back stage. There was so many different cartoons. It was fun because a spa girl dressed as Jasmin, a singer dancer (simon) and a Spa guy dressed as the genie, There was even other people dressed from the movie as well. I should have some pics soon on FB.

That cruise was the forth cruise and I only got off the ship once. The weather wasn't great and we only had 3 ports on this 8 day criuse. One of those days I had IPM and one was raining. The day I got off I just chilled by myself on the beach, sunbathed and also went snorkeling.

The cruise before that I really cant remember to much because it was so far away. I had a nice day with Sophie at Isle of Pines. She and I walked around and just relaxed. I had my first real coconut and tried to body surf some waves without any type of board, it kind of worked.

So I just went backwards and now I am going to bring us forward. Two days ago(Sept 26th) we were in Sydney and we lost a lot of good people that I have been working with. There contracts were finished and new people took there place. That's one thing about ship life is, people come and go and you just have to go with it. Cole was one of my bosses and great friend. We had so much fun together and I will miss him dearly. Ross was a great guy and helped out all the time, he was the production manager. My main boss Sandy was a great guy as well. He is from America and the good news with him is he will be back on this ship in two months, so I will get to work with him again. This cruise is another sad one because another good friend Emmi will be leaving, but she as well will be back later yey! It's not often you get to work again with the people you have been kicking it with on the ship, but it can happen. Thats why it is just called “ship life”, which has so many meanings to it. Some day I will try to go indepth with the term “Ship Life”.

As I was talking about Sydney which is our turnaround day, Danielle and I hung out. We walked around and went to the Sydney Opera house. We got a tour of it and Wow what a piece of art. When they first finally found a design that fit, they were estimating it would take 7 years and cost 3 million dollars ( I think the years are right). But it took way longer and over 100 million dollars to make this world known opera house exist. It was just phenomenal to walk through it. There are 3 theaters that are just beautiful! If you come to Sydney you have to check it out. I should have some pictures sometime on facebook.

So I got sick for the first time because of the water being so rough at the end of the last cruise. We were told it was going to be rough and sure thing it was wild! After Charley's, (which is a show all of the musicians and singers put on at the end of every cruise) it was difficult to walk anywhere. Sometimes when you would try to walk it was like you were walking up a sledding hill and then it would change and it would almost feel like you could go down a slide if you sat down. I was able to suck it up for a bit but then I started to feel a little sick. After Charley's, I took a motion sickness pill and changed out of my good cloths and headed to the crew bar. I wanted to be there because of those that were leaving us the next day in Sydney. So I went to the bar and bought a corona. I hung around for a little bit, took one sip, gave the corona to Matthew and started to walk back to my cabin. On the way back it was hard to walk because the waves were just nocking you around and as I opened my door, I through my chips and water on the floor and went for the toilet. There is a first for everything.. I then brushed my teeth, tried to eat some chips and drink water. I went to bed!

After we left Sydney it got crazy again as we heading back out. This time it was wild for about 30 hours plus. I took motion drugs and tried to suck it up which I did. When it is rough out it really drains a persons energy. Its good now but wow was that a crazy ride.

I tried to write as much as I could and I am sorry if some of it was “to much information” but I am just going with the flow with this blog. Tomorrow morning we will be in Noumea and I am not sure yet what I plan to do with the day there. That is all I have time for now folks!! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment