Saturday, February 11, 2012

A quick update-Holidays, fishing, and New Zealand

Again, this is how I start every blog. It has been a long time since i've written! I will start with Christmas and new years. I've never been away from my family and friends back in the US except for the past holidays.  It was sweet how the crew on the ship came together bringing the christmas spirit around the ship. I ended up going to a bible study with about 25 Philippino's and Indians on board and had a christmas service which was nice. It was so cool learning about so many different cultures and nationalities while sharing the Christmas spirit.

During the Christmas cruise, I put on a big BINGO and raffle for the crew in the Marquee. I sang “The Christmas Song” (Chestnuts Roasting) for the crew to kick off the night and Matt Accompanied me on guitar. As I hosted the event we gave away about 5,000 Dollars of prizes and 4,000 Dollars in cash. It was a good time! Matt and I also performed individually for the Marquee Christmas show for the passengers which was a great because we only perform in the Marquee once and a while. New years was off the hook!! I new it was going to be a big party but did not expect it to be as big as it ended up being.. I was on the top deck with the passengers during the count down and the party was jammin!

The past few cruises I have been fishing a lot. Sandy (The cruise director), Robbie (lead singer) and I have been trying to catch fish in Wala, Champagne Bay, and Mystery Island. One day when us the were fishing in Wala, Robbie had a huge hit on his hand line. The local that was driving the little boat in the sea with no life jackets took the line and started bring the fish in by hand. I grabbed the camera and started filming. When the fish got close to the boat, a shark came up and hit the fish we had on. Not just one, but another hit it as well. We were all using crazy launguage at this point in aww and still trying to get that fish in the boat. We got it to the side and almost fully out of the water and it got off the hook. That King fish was shark food. After we lost the fish we could see about six sharks circling under our boat. Yes I have it all on video!!

So we fished in Champagne Bay, then Wala again and we could not catch anything! So then we came back to Champagne Bay and hired the only boat on the island with a motor and he took us out. After an hour or even more we finally had a tuna hit. Sandy was reeling it in and I grabbed the camera. We talked through the whole process so we made sure not to lose this fish and sure enough we got our first tuna in the boat. Then about a half our later, as I was using the toilet in the ocean one hit my line and I was reeling in a fish with my shorts not even tied all the way.. we were laughing so hard. Then right after we got my fish in the boat another HUGE yellow fin tuna hit on Sandys line and him and I were 3 for 3 that day! We then gave the smaller fish to a local lady we called mamma because she was so sweet to us and was so happy to receive the fish and took the other two on the ship. The chefs on board cleaned them and made a huge feast for the Captain, HD, Sandy, and a few other that we invited. It was such a great experience. I have many videos and pics!!

I have been so busy doing Crew Club President stuff. I've been putting on many events in the crew bar almost every night which never happened before. From Band nights, Acoustic nights, Kareoke, PingPong tournaments, Foos tournaments, Movies in the Marquee for the crew, many Disco, Themed music nights, Battle Pong tournaments (Beer Pong), and sometimes would get guest entertainers to do a show for the crew as well. The last on was a hypnotist and “Hypnotized” about 7 of the crew while everyone watched and laughed at them. I've been buying thing for the crew so the sound is better and improving as much as I can. The biggest thing I am doing is buying a big new machine for the crew gym. It still is not finished yet but I hope to make that finalized soon. I plan to finish off February and a little of march and then have them reelect a new president so I can take the last month of my time on the ship to get myself organized for when I return back to America. Its been good but I have been very busy.
Right now we are almost back in Sydney. We are finishing our 14 day New Zealand cruise which was very relaxing. The weather was different and refreshing compared to the hot tropical weather that we get in Vanuatu and the other country’s we go to. The biggest thing I did in New Zealand was went white water rafting down the biggest commercial waterfall in the world. It was pretty sweet!! Now I am counting down the days to go back to reality. We are now under the two month mark which is good for the mind. Matt and I are now starting to book up for the summer so if anyone is needing entertainment Facebook or email me. My phone wont be on until April 9th. Thanks for reading what Im doing and caring about my life!! CHEERS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment