Tuesday, March 27, 2012

One more cruise left!

Wow, I cant believe I have only one more cruise left.  I havent been blogging much lately but maybe someday will wright about it all.  My goals were to have fun always, see new things, do new things and play great music.  I am proud of what happened the past 8 months and have to say that I will miss everyone I met and grateful to be able to do what I have been doing.
Today is my last day of being the Crew Club President.  I have been training the new CCP the past few days and she will be taking over.  I wanted my last cruise off so I can relax more and not have a pager that always rang.. It was such a great experience.  Here is my closing letter to the crew that I wrote a bit ago.


Hello and farewell Crew of the Pacific Jewel!

I would like to take the time to thank all of you for a wonderful first contract! I was scheduled to leave in january, but because I enjoyed my job on board, working with you and playing music, that I was privileged to extend. I hope all of you had a great time as I did!

In the beginning of my presidency, I had goals in my campaign that I felt needed to get accomplished for us. I wanted to pack the crew bar with many events so that everyday there was something to look forward too when we were not working. We put on many acoustic nights, band nights, trivia nights, battle pong nights, poker/black jack nights, dart tournaments, foosball tournaments, ping pong tournament, movies nights in the Marquee, themed music nights, BINGO and raffle nights, crew BBQ's, karaoke nights and many wonderful discos! I felt that the more that was going on in the crew bar the more the crew can get together as a family and enjoy each others presence. This is our time to wind down from the hard work everyone does all day! I hope you enjoyed our crew bar and thank you to everyone that hosted events and took charge for there fellow crew members.

Another accomplishment that we have been able to finally achieve, is the new crew gym equipment. This was a huge project and should be completed by March 28th. It is now all rearranged and organized, so lets take care of the equipment and enjoy it. Thank you to everyone that helped put there work into making this happen for the crew. Get down there, take care of your body and mind by utilizing the new gym.

I would personally like to thank Akhil Pandi my vice president, for his professionalism and extra help which he did for me and for the crew. He and crew shop worker (Alvado) did a great job going beyond expectations.

Lastly I would like to welcome our new Crew Club President Bena, who works in the dinning room. I have been working with her and some of the bands really closely and I know she is very organized and I feel she will do a great job. Talk to her, get to know her, so she can help fulfill your needs for the months to come. Way to go Bena!!!

Again, thank you all for a great first contract!!
Your Crew Club President,
Riley Haupt

No comments:

Post a Comment