Saturday, August 13, 2011

First time in Australia


I just landed in Brisbane Australia on August 14th at 4:30am. I left August 12th at 10pm from Dallas and totally skipped to the 13th, I went into the future.
The plane ride wasn't too bad. The plane its self was beautiful! It was shinney red 747 with kangaroos and other animals painted on it. In front of my seat was a TV screen and controller, where I could play games, movies, tv shows and more. About an hour and a half they started serving the first meal. I picked the Mai Mai and had some wine, It was pretty good! After about four hours or more mostly everyone was sleeping. I wanted to stay up and try to fall asleep during the last eight hour in the air. So Matt and I hung out watching different movies and drank wine. One of the stewardess was so fun and nice. She ended up serving us whine all night and not just regular wine, she surprised us with first class wine in a fancy glass. She also kept handing us treats and food, while always offering more whine. At the end of the plane she gave us a free bottle of expensive wine in a goody bag, but then I told her that we are going to Sydney and she said we were unable take it because it was impossible to put it in our luggage before our last flight. She was so fun!! Matt and I ended up sitting in the most middle seats possible. On Matts left, there was a woman sitting and then an isle and three more seats till the window. In the middle of the night we jumped over her to use the rest room which she thought was so great in the morning because she never had to get up for us. On my right was a guy named Ben, who was really cool and gave us a ton of great ideas.
Now I am waiting for the last flight from Brisbane to Sydney. We are getting on the same plane we were just on. Ben and as well as many others are staying in Brisbane while the rest of us fly for another 1 or 2 hours. The first thing I did in Australia here in the airport was go to the bathroom. I had to see which way the water turns while you flush. So if anyone is ever wondering which way the water turns, it turns Clockwise!  
Now that I finally have some free minutes on the internet I am copy/pasting things Ive already wrote.  I am now at my hotel room, but in the lobby.  My hotel even charges for internet, but each room gets a half hour of free internet so I need to hurry and type. 
We got a shuttle to our hotel and I got to ride shotgun in a van that has the steering wheel on the wrong side.. they drive also on the wrong side of the road.  I had such a kick out of that.  We have a beautiful hotel room for the night with free meals.  Matt and I wake up tomorrow and jump in a coach bus and head to the ship by 7am, I best not be late! We have a ton of luggage its funny! I will keep everyone posted as much as I can. Again, I have no phone, so the internet is the only way of communication. ttys     

No comments:

Post a Comment