Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Running for Crew Club President

I am giving you an update while sneezing and blowing my nose.  This is the first time I have been sick on the ship and I have a cold.  A lot of the crew is sick right now.  The bass player for hit list is really ill so he cant even play.  The cool thing about that was Matt was able to sit in yesterday and tonight and helped them out. Matt did a great job just winging his bass playing skills!
So I am excited to try and get another paid job on the ship which would put me in charge of events, funds, crew entertainment and probably much more.  The position is available but hard to get.  I was told that a Philippine will always win because there are lots of them on board and they normally vote popularity.  But whether that is true or not I thought about it and feel I would do a great job if I was elected.  Here is the Application letter I wrote to get on the list.

P&O Crew Club President Application
When asked why I am a suitable candidate for the position of the Crew Club President, many proposals come to my mind in helping to benefit and explore new creative ideas for any and all crew on board the Pacific Jewel.
My name is Riley Haupt and I work in the entertainment area as a musician in the acoustic duo. As I was growing up I always tried to work hard and do my best on my own. I've worked in many fields to get to where I am. Some of those fields I have experienced are landscaping, roofing, bean factory, waiter, cook, bartender and went to school for 7 years to get my bachelors in music. Music and entertaining has always been my dream and I kept working to become an independent performer throughout my younger years. The past five years I have been able to be an independent performer while attending school.
In addition to being a musician/entertainer, I have owned and produced many events in Wisconsin, USA. In 2006, I produced a state-wide talent competition called Lakeshores Rising Stars, which exceeded all expectations of the community. This competition had a grand prize of $10,000, a budget of over $100,000 which was organized and raised by myself and my partner Terry Stevenson. After our third show in the first season, Lakeshores Rising Stars was sold out for the rest of the six shows with over 1,100 people attending. We gave a percentage of each ticket sold to local charities in Manitowoc, WI in a way to give back to the community. All together I co-produced three successful seasons which showcases organization, a drive to work hard and the heart to have fun with what I love to do.

Some of the ideas that I personally have to grow our crew experiences are as followed:
For our entertainment out of the crew bar, I had a great idea that can get us out of our rooms or the bar and allow something new. I would like to close down the marque on a regular basis for the crew to have a movie night. To either kick it with your friends or take your significant other to a movie sounds like something that we should be able to enjoy. Not only hang out in the Marque, but also bring the bar up to us and enjoy our theatre.
For those who use the crew gym I would like to maintain and organize it better. I also would like to see a movable pulley machine so you can do pull downs and many other exercise uses. I also would like to see a lower back exercise because I feel and have heard from others, that that is one exercise we are lacking.
Working in the entertainment area I have capabilities in making more live performances be available for our entertainment. I plan to hear and help all crew with there ideas so that everyone can have the best experience as possible while on the ship.
The crew bar chairs need to get fixed! I don't enjoy sitting in a broken chair when it is our time off of work to relax and socialize. Has anyone else sat in these chairs? :)
One more idea that I would like to make happen is produce an open mic every cruise. I attended the crew show and saw so many talent people. I feel an open mic would allow more exposer for those who want to sing, dance, speak poetry or do what ever they want. It also will allow all of the crew to hangout together and appreciate everyone involved.
I love to net-work and meet as many people as possible. If you haven't met me, please feel free to come and say hi. I promise I am a nice guy and I will do what ever I can to be there for you. If I am elected, I will show you that I do not play favorites and I treat everyone equally. This position needs that mentality of open mindedness. I hope to hear your ideas because this position involves us working together. We are the PROUD crew of the Pacific Jewel!

Thank you for taking the time in learning about me.
Riley Haupt


No comments:

Post a Comment