Monday, August 29, 2011

some updates

I am now on my second cruise. The first cruise was 12 days long and we ported at Mystery Island, Wala, Luganville and one other.. This cruise is 14 days long and we went to Isle of Pines, Mystery Island and will be going to a few ports in Fuji, which I heard is amazing.
 Most of the smaller islands we sun bathe, hike, snorkel and have cocktails. In Fuji, I was told from people that you can go shark diving (where they put you in a cage and feed you to the sharks), scuba diving, sky diving or rent jet skis. I have IPM on one of the coolest ports, but I may be able to get out of it. Id like to save money anyways... we'll see.
Its been a while since I wrote on my blog and so Im not sure what to talk about. Everything is pretty much up and down. I got a little sick last cruise because of the rough seas. I didn't actually get “sick” but I felt horrible for a hole night. Since my cabin is near the front of the ship, when it gets rough we feel it the most. When you try to walk down the halls, you pretty much run into each side of the hall.
Its great when we have port days and you can get off the ship because sea days can get long. There are always things you can do. Up in the lido deck there are movies playing out side on a big screen tv, outside where people can relax on lawn chairs. There are also shows that are fun to see with our singer dancers and about four different bands to see. We also have guest acts come on the ship for about a week like comedians, jugglers, magic trick people, and more. There is this group called Pacific Cirque which is really awesome to see. They do circus stuff and swing from the ceiling and do some really awesome choreography with each other. A lot of the stuff they do looks so dangerous and they do so well at it. The main hot spot for the crew to hang out is the crew bar.
So all day long there are different things for the passengers and us to see and one of those things involves Matt and I performing on the Connections stage mostly. We play music and kick it with the audience. Its fun and not too over whelming. I thought we would be playing 4 or 5 hours a day which made me nervous because of over using the voice, but we do 3 sets a day which is great. Some days I will have a sore voice and sometimes not. Im happy with my job!  Also Matt and I got 4 proud cards from passengers which means that we know that 4 out of 2000 people liked us enough to send us a letter. :)  
At the end of the last cruise there is a show we put on where all of the musicians collaborate and put on our own production for the passengers, which is called Charlie's. It was a lot of fun! Matthew and I, and the band Hitlist performed “Use somebody” from Kings of Leon, I also did “Rock around the Clock”with the full band and VJ, Matt, Danielle and I did our own rendition of “Im yours” from Jason Mraz. We ended the night with “Mustang sally”. There were many other acts and songs performed by some of the singer dancers and we all just jammed. So this is a little of what has been going on here on the Pacific Jewel. Ship life is very interesting, I will have to just blog about that at some point. I am now going to go get some food and get ready for my 7,8,9pm set. I hope everyone is ok that was close to hurricane Irene!  Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment