Monday, October 22, 2012

Europe

Since my last post which was on the pacific jewel in Australia, I have been in Manitowoc Wisconsin all summer.  I had a great summer enjoying the outdoors, fishing, camping and staying busy performing.  My focus was to gig and work as much as possible and always doing something fun on my days off.  I also would bartend at Timeout in between my gigs which helped keep me moving.  
Just a few weeks ago I took my first trip to Europe.  I flew to Munich Germany and met up with an Australian buddy (Brendan) and his family.  I met them on the Australian ship I performed on while they were passengers and surprised Brendan's sister and mother in Munich. 
Brendan and I hired a camper van that sleeps five people and traveled with that.  We went to October Fest for three days and enjoyed how the Germans hangout.  There were so many people in the festival grounds. There were about five main tents that had thousands of people in each of them, so crazy!! 
After October fest Brendan and I decided to hit the road and start our journey.  We started driving to Austria not knowing where we wanted to go.  We eventually stopped at a gas station to eat and two girls came over to us asking if they could get a ride.  Yes, they were hitch hiking and been getting around Europe traveling that way.  So we gave them a ride to Graz Austria. It was fun to meet them and learn about there way of life.  They were both very sweet and good people.  Brendan and I decided to camp out in Graz and go see the city.  We went to this castle on the mountain and learned a lot about Graz. 
Our Next destination was Venice Italy! We ended up rolling up there really late because we spent the whole day in Graz and then drove the four hours to venice. We slept in a truck stop to keep it cheap and then drove to our campsite the next morning. After we got everything situated we took a ferry from Fusina to Venice. Venice was so amazing! Its a city build on the water with so much history. We ended up staying there for two nights because me made some good local friends. Venice was my favorite!
We then left the next morning to Milano Italy and hung out with some Canadians. We did not do much here except hang out downtown. We toured the most beautiful church i've ever seen which was sweet! I saw it from a distance and It was a castle! It was so big and white with the most amazing designs all over it!
After Milano, we drove to Bern Switzerland! Here we made friends with some locals that took us around. It was a fun night! We took so many beautiful scenic pictures which was a must because the mountains and hills were so gorgeous!
The trip over all was so great! I learned a lot about communicating to others that don’t speak English but still being able to communicate. Im glad I took up sign language in school because it taught me how important facial expressions and body language can make up for words. That was very helpful and fun! Next time I go to Europe I think it would be fun to back pack around for a month or so. There is so much to see in Europe!    

No comments:

Post a Comment